[time 16] Re: God

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 11:13:14 -0500

Dear Robert,

ca314159 wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I believe I have found "God":

        It is ironic that christian religions claim the existence of "personal
god" without fully comprehending its implications! We are not all one
and the same "person," thus we each have our own "GoD" (be it
represented as Nature, Deity, or whatever).... The so called "laws of
physics" are merely an attempt to hide the anthropomorphic assumptions
involved.
        Such are merely representations of patterns in the behavior that we can
observe in our common environment.... Physical laws are meaningless
outside of the context of LSs that can communicate somehow with each
other! This is why I say that the Universe in it-self is just infinite
noise, everything, wave, particle, spectral, etc. simultaneously! LSs
are, independent of interactions identical, except that they are just
finite! It is the act of communication that "selects out" coherent
patterns upon which such things as languages can be constructed...

> http://www.bestweb.net/~ca314159/TRANSFER.HTM
> http://www.bestweb.net/~ca314159/INFINITY.HTM
>
> It is the most general concept. It cannot be sought
> without total "transference". The more general a
> concept is, the more likely we are to "transfer" with
> it. That is, the more likely we are to associate it
> with ourselves, our existence and our survival.
>
> The more general a concept is, the more it absorbs
> us as part of it. This is the extreme of life in which
> most of the time we separate and distinguish ourselves
> from the things we observe and study. This separation
> is only possible from less than general concepts.
> A concept that is not general is specific or distinguishable.

        There is a point at which the separation between self and not-self
required for conscious awareness becomes impossible! It is the point of
"total transference." Life, even at an extreme, is still finite! It is
the endless evolution of life, with its construction of temporal
orderings to organize its data, that expresses the infinite potential of
the Universe to Become. "All is Flux."
                "Each observer, as a Local System, constructs models of its bounding
frontier within the encoding capacity of its configurations and it does
such in a manner unrestricted by any absolutist a priori initially
and/or finality constraints," only within the constraints of its local
logical constraints."

> What is the most distinguishable (specific) concept ?

        "Existence exists."

> What does such a concept hold in properties and its meaning
> to us ?

        "Cognito ergo eram": "I am aware of my finite existence, hence I infer
that I have existed in the immediate past."

> Robert
>
> --
>
> http://www.bestweb.net/~ca314159/

Later,