[time 24] Cardinality of Split graphs as E (or V) -> oo

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 07:58:06 -0500

Dear Ted,

        How are you? I have a question: Are you aware of any work looking at
the cardinality (as in the "size" of the set) or "measure" (as in
measure zero for the distribution of irrational among the Reals) of
split graphs G as the number of G(E) or G(V) increases?
        I am trying to find yet another way to look at the Local System (LS)
model. I believe that the independent set part of a split graph can
represent the (open?) set of LSs, while the clique or complete part of G
(closed) can represent the set of relations (infomorphisms) between
them. Does this make any sense? Anyway, we need to tie in the
statistical aspect to this model; I have discovered that "mutual
entropies" are a key component involved, but I am missing some other
important components.

Later,

Stephen