[time 93] Re: [time 83] Re: [time 81] Entropy, wholeness, dialogue,algebras

Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 17:07:08 -0500

>> It is based on the Min() and Max() operators which preserve
distributivity
>> but are not at all psychologically realistic. My preference is for
probabilistic
>> logic. So I agree that fuzziness is needed, but the min/max algebra on
fuzzy sets I have always steered > away from in my AI work.

> I hope we can get into this in more detail. Could you explain how the
>operators are not realistic. I am missing something...

They are not psychologically realistic, i.e. they do not model well how
humans make judgements.
Probabilistic logic models human judgements better, with appropriate prior
distributions (e.g. maximum
entropy priors).
Their use in physics is a somewhat different issue!

ben