[time 119] Re: [time 114] Re: prugovecki

Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Sat, 03 Apr 1999 11:09:47 -0500

> I can see your point about Pratt, but in the sum of his papers, an
>concept emerges that is paradigmic. The idea of duality is not just a
>clarification, it is a modeling tool. Ben's thoughts unfortunately do
>not go far enough, as of what I have read. I am not interested
>personally in the particular details of consciousness, e.g. perception,
>cognition, etc. at this moment. We need to merely show that
>consciousness is derivable from our model and let others work out that
>detail.

I suspect that the details of consciousness and perception and cognition
ARE relevant to physics, in ways that we have not yet understood.

Specifically, I suspect that the same "archetypal algebras" appear in both
psychology and physics,
and that this fact is not unconnected with the idea that the objective world
is the "sum" of every entity's subjective perceptions of it.

ben