[time 158] An idea for particle modeling

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Sun, 04 Apr 1999 14:06:01 -0400

Hi all,

        I was just outside with my boys, and was playing with a "Zoom ball".

        It gave me a crazy idea. Could we think of a gauge boson like the zoom
ball 'riding' on the two cords (like a soliton or singularity or
wormhole mouth or magnetic field loop caught around two or more
electrical field lines ) with a direction and "speed" proportional to
how the "handles" at the ends of the cords are oriented with respect to
each other? The Handles might be wormhole mouths themselves moving on
field lines...
        Just playing around... :)