[time 172] Re: [time 167] Re: [time 164] Question

Mon, 5 Apr 1999 09:11:17 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sun, 4 Apr 1999, Stephen P. King wrote:

> Ben,
>
> The problem is that the Big Bang introduces more problems than it
> explains. It postulates a unique "beginning" and "end" to spacetime.
> There are more facts to be accounted for that the Big Bang with its
> "dark matter" and "cosmic strings" and inflatons can deal with. It
> reminds one of the epicycle theory! ;) There is evidence from the plasma
> physics community that galaxies, quasars and even gamma ray bursters can
> be explained nicely using their formalisms without any unobservables at
> all! "Ghost galaxies" indeed!
> (http://www.pufori.org/news/9901/nws990112_18.htm)
> The blackbody background radiation and the Hubble red shift is a manner
> that our QGR theory should predict. Hitoshi and I are looking into that.
> I hope I don't upset you with my weird style and lack of rigor, I am,
> after all, a philosopher, and you know what physisists think of them. ;)

I tend to believe in Big Bang but not in the form of standard inflationary
scenario (perhaps the sole reason is that I have my own model for Big
Bang(;.)).

Inflationary scenario solved the solved the horizon problem (why
cosmic background radiation is so isotropic) but is now in grave
difficulties with newest data from Hubble: it seems that the larger the
size scale is the faster the expansion is. I regard this as direct
evidence for manysheeted spacetime. Universe is fractal: the large the
spacetime sheet the smaller the average matter density and smaller the
halting effect of gravitation to expansion. Therefore light from
very distant galaxies coming along very large spacetime suffers larger
redshift and Hubble constant is larger.

Cosmic strings identified as 4-surfaces of type X^2xYS^2, S^2 geodesic
sphere in CP_2 are basic objects in TGD and populate the universe of very
early cosmology: in this phase horizon size is infinite and this solves
the horizon problem. Galaxies are formed around the split cosmic strings
and a possible explanation for gamma ray burts of huge energy
is as a beam of energy created by decaying cosmic string end.
Also the visible sizes of galaxies fit with this hypothesis. The presence
of long cosmic strings or invisible decay products of them (perhaps
neutrinos caught in galactic classical Z0 fields predicted by TGD) could
explain also galactic dark matter: the string
tension is just of the correct order of magnitude. T= 1/CP_2 radius
squared apart from numerical factors.

Subcriticality of mass density is also a bad blow against inflationary
scenario: if mass density would have been critical everything would have
been nice. Subcriticality means that universe expands for ever. This is
also a prediction of TGD cosmology following directly from imbeddabillity
to M^4_+xCP_2 requirement: future light M^4_+ is itself empty
Robertson Walker cosmology and obviously subcritical.

MP