[time 214] Re: [time 202] Re: [time 198] local systems, measurement, etc.

Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:09:28 -0400

>I found by your response that the "intimacy parameter" q does not range over
>the
>interval [0,1], but over the set
>
>Q={b | b is a decomposition of L into disjoint subsets of L},
>
>in the observation of a local system L={1,2,...,N}. Namely Q is the set of
>cluster decompositions b of L.

Excellent! This makes a lot more sense...

The real number q we were talking about before is a kind of derived parameter,
definable perhaps as

        1 - (#cluster elements)/(#particles in observed system)

>As we saw above, the basic formulation is already in time_IV.tex.

I need to read that paper more carefully now

If we could
>proceed to a new area, as you say below we need to clarify the strong forces
>and
>quarks. Maybe I need to study them...

The first step is QED, quantum electrodynamics, i.e. special relativistic
quantum theory.
Or do you feel you've completely solved this already?

Then the weak interaction... and then quarks, last. I think.

>> So q=.5 means you take the average of the two reference frames?
>
>As revised above, the value q=.5 is not realistic.

No,I see now that it corresponds to grouping the N particles in the
observed system into, say,
N/2 groups of 2 particles each...

>I have to begin with studying strong and other forces if I try to incorporate
>those forces into my context. I.e. I need references. Could you or anyone list
>up the papers that seem to be appropriate to begin the study?

I will get the best references from a physicist friend of mine

ben