[time 227] Re: [time 226] Re: [time 224] Re: [time 223] Re: [time 218] Re: How to define length using LSs

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 07:07:59 +0900

Dear Ben,

----- Original Message -----
From: Ben Goertzel <ben@goertzel.org>
To: Hitoshi Kitada <hitoshi@kitada.com>; Stephen P. King <stephenk1@home.com>
Cc: <time@kitada.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 1999 6:00 AM
Subject: [time 226] Re: [time 224] Re: [time 223] Re: [time 218] Re: How to
define length using LSs

> What I am thinking about, as I prepare to leave for the airport to go to
> Brazil,
> is Axiom 6 -- measurement of the internals of a local system. I don't
> understand this
> intuitively yet. If the system (L1, L2) is a whole to me, and I can't see
> inside it because
> I've drawn an observation boundary around it, then how do I even know there
> are two things
> L1 and L2 inside it?

I regard L=(L1,L2) is a kind of scope of our senses (sight, hearing, etc.). We
can see L as one whole (like the animate universe, i.e. the universe as a
mind), when it is possible for our senses, or we may see it as consisting of
many points when it is natural for our senses to see them as points (like when
you see things in daily life or physical thinking). In the latter case, we see
things as a many body system L consisiting of many subsystems L1,L2,...,LN.

I think "to draw an observation boundary around L=(L1,L2,...,LN)" does not
always mean to see L as one whole or one point without the inside.

Best wishes,
Hitoshi