[time 244] Re: [time 242] Re: [time 241] Fusing Matti & Hitoshi

Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:35:55 -0400

>I think that one of the basic difference between Hitoshi's and my approach
>is that I follow Kaluza-Klein type philosophy: the symmetries of H dictate
>particle spectrum and types of interactions and indeed fix the
>choice of H uniquely.

I do not have much knowledge of string theory and I also lack other background
that would be useful for studying your ideas. You are right about that for
sure!

I think that Hitoshi's theory, generalized to account for weak and strong
forces,
would support the use of symmetries to determine particle spectrum and type
of interaction. He has not had need for this because his work so far has
been in
the unification of non-relativistic QM with GR.

I understand that the two theories are different, but I had hoped to be
able to draw
some elements from your thinking into the picture, in order to help extend
Hitoshi's
ideas to account for all the forces. if this is not possible, so be it.
the universe is
notoriously imperfect ;)

ben