[time 282] Re: [time 281] Re: Fisher information

Thu, 6 May 1999 20:11:33 +0300 (EET DST)

I am enthusiastic about information theoretic interpreation
of action and have proposed my own TGD based interpretation.
I am however not enthusiastic about some features of
Fisher information.

a) Each type of measurement defines its own action and this
looks very suspicious. We perform all kinds of measurements, not
only position measurements.

b) The use of specific information measure seems also suspicious.

c) I got the impression that one can derive Laplace equations
from Fisher information but I could not understand how d'Alembertian
type equations are obtained naturally: the problem is
Minkowski signature: Box =partial_t^2 -nabla^2. If I understood correctly
(perhaps I didn't) this requires the allowance of imaginary value
for the parameter, I think it was called theta, appearing in Fisher
information.

d) The division of action I-J to a difference of two kinds of
informations: the total information J contained by system and the maximum
achievable information. If I understood correctly, this decomposition
fails to be General Coordinate invariant
in case of Maxwell action for which I correponds to magnetic energy
and J to electric energy. I might be wrong: any opinions?

[In TGD the negative of Kahler function(= absolute minimum of Kahler
action) has interpretation as an entropy type measure for cognitive
resources of 3-surface measured as the number of degenerate absolute
minima going through this surface. Absolute minimization of Kahler action
implies that cognitive resources are maximal. Also quantum criticality
of TGD can be understood in terms of optimization of cognition:
 universe is maximally interesting and intelligent at quantum
criticality.]

MP