[time 285] Re: [time 279] Re: [time 278] Re: [time 276] [Fwd: Fisher information]

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Fri, 7 May 1999 22:46:41 +0900

Dear Stephen,

----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen P. King <stephenk1@home.com>
To: Hitoshi Kitada <hitoshi@kitada.com>
Cc: <time@kitada.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 1999 11:13 AM
Subject: [time 279] Re: [time 278] Re: [time 276] [Fwd: Fisher information]

> Dear Hitoshi,
>
> I have the book on order...
>
> Here is a critique by Chris Hillman et al:
>
> http://members.home.net/stephenk1/Outlaw/Frieden.txt
>
> I got:
>
> Fisher's arrow of time in quantum cosmology (1998)
> by Frieden, B. Roy & Rosu, H. C.
> Journal Title: Modern Physics Letters A
> Volume Number: 13
> Page Number: 39
>
> I is awesome! I am putting a summary together. Perhaps I'll finish
> tomorrow. I am convinced that his work dovetails into ours!

I am not sure what the advertisement "Do Questions Asked Define The Laws Of
Physics?" in [time 280] says tells the truth about the work of Frieden. I
suspect that his work is just a paraphrasing of physics, not a new discovery
of any fundamental aspects of our recognition. If it would have meaning, it
would be only when a new interpretation of our recognition is brought into our
sight. I would reserve my opinion till then.

Best wishes,
Hitoshi

 We need to
> seriously think about the information theoretical aspects of LS theory!
> I have some interesting ideas but not words. :( I think in pictures ->
> dyslexia! I hate it, I like a person struck deaf when trying to say
> Eureka! :( But I shall try:
> The fundamental assumptions, such as Noeter's theorems need to be
> looked at very carefully within the LS theory! No connections between
> LSs -> no Universal Absolute Unique space-time with a priori
> Langrangians -> Conservation Laws are <<glocal>>? since they only apply
> to finite clusters of interacting LSs...
> I have said before that there is no unique manifold X (Riemannian or
> other wise) for all LSs to be fibered into; I think that this relates to
> the "operator ordering problem for coherent states". This also plays
> into our thinking about histories (sum over histories, etc.!) as an
> aspect of time.
> Clocks merely gauge the "flow" of the LS scattering propagation, they
> do not define a unique ordering in themselves unless we could show that
> the ordering of the configurations of the quantum mechanical particles!
> This is like how the numbers on the face of an analogue clock are
> ordered mod 12: ..., 1, 2, ..., 11, 12, 1, 2, ... . We could also think
> of a of a non-cyclic model of clock that uses an endless paper tape with
> numbers: ..., n-1, n, n+1, ...
> I see these as an example of the "streams" in Peter's work! I think
> there are a minimum of three components to a clock: Two disjoint sets of
> streams and a mapping between the two. The configurations of positions
> and velocities are streams and the mapping -the quotient operation-, is
> maybe, their mutual entropy (how much of the whole of one is a subset of
> the other's powerset) - (there is something missing in this line of
> thought!) I think that the infomorphism maps LS clocks into (up to onto
> at the limit m -> +/- \infinity) each other.
> How this works into Frieden's thinking I am working on... ;) It does
> begin to answer Lance's challenge to me. :)
>
> Onward,
>
> Stephen
>
> Hitoshi Kitada wrote:
> >
> > Dear Friends,