[time 318] correction to [time 317]

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Sun, 16 May 1999 22:16:25 +0900

Dear Stephen,

I mixed things:

----- Original Message -----
From: Hitoshi Kitada <hitoshi@kitada.com>
To: Stephen P. King <stephenk1@home.com>
Cc: <time@kitada.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 1999 8:24 PM
Subject: [time 317] Re: [time 285] Re: [time 279] Re: [time 278] Re: [time
276] [Fwd: Fisher information]

> Dear Stephen,
>
> I got the book of Frieden. It is interesting. I now begin changing my
> reservation I wrote in the following quotation.
>
> He discusses the error which necessarily arises in the closed
> observations (errors are associated with any closed observation: if the
> observation can be considered open as in Peter's paper, the error does
> not exist), and as a minimizing solution of the error,

This is my misunderstanding: Frieden obtains Lagrangian by minmizing the
Fisher information I, which decreases, as time goes to infinity, to a
minimum that is an equivalent of an equilibrium. This, by Cramer-Rao
inequality

e^2 I >= 1,

means that the minimum of the error e becomes the largest. His equilibrium
corresponds to the state with maximum entropy.

Best,
Hitoshi

he derives