[time 379] [Fwd: Chu space = Density Matrix?]

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Tue, 01 Jun 1999 14:59:42 -0400

Vaughan's response to my query:

attached mail follows:

>Would it be accurate to identify the probability density
>matrix with a Chu space?

I don't know, I would have to see the definition of morphism of
probability density matrices first. Do they in fact transform, and if
so what is the definition of such a transformation?

>What do you think would be the valuation of the k? [0,1]?

No, K would be the complex numbers. Only the diagonal entries of a
probability density matrix need be real, the off-diagonal entanglements
are arbitrary complex numbers.

Vaughan Pratt