[time 577] Re: [time 575] Re: [time 560] Zeno paradox, etc...

Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:25:52 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Hitoshi Kitada wrote:

> Dear Matti,
>
> We seem to agree on the distinction between subjective time and geometric
> time.
>
> Local time of an LS clearly means subjective time. The difference here
> between yours and mine seems that you assume quantum jumps as the clocking
> of subjective time. What makes the quantum jumps occur in your context?

They just occur and are not reducible to anything simpler. Only
quantum jumps interpretable as quantum measurements are allowed: density
matrix of some subsystem of every self is measured in given quantum
jump, which occurs outside the realm of geometric spacetime.

The anatomy of qjump is following:

Psi_i-->UPsi_i--> Psi_f

U is unitary time development of quantum theory lasting infinite time,
this time has nothing to do with the experienced time.

Strong form of negentropy maximization principle is the variational
principle dictating the dynamics of quantum jumping inside self. Strong
NMP applies independently inside various selves, unentangled subsystems of
UPsi_i. Quantum measurement of the density matrix occurs for that
subsystem (or its complement: there is complete symmetry) of self
giving rise to maximal entanglement negentropy gain.

[Earlier I thought that conscious experience is associated with the
measured subsystem or its complement. I was wrong: experience is
associated with the self containing both the measured subsystem and its
complement.]

> Is it not by the influence from the outside of the LS? I conjecture in
> my
> theory that this is the property of LSs themselves that they are finite
> beings inside the universe subject to the interactions with other LSs
> inside a whole (stationary) Universe.

It is not the influence from outside of self: self is by definition
subsystem able to behave p-adically like its own independent
sub-universe under U. In this respect we have similar view.