[time 691] Re: [time 690] Re: [time 689] Re: [time 688] Re: [time 687] Re: [time 686] Time operator?

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 17:58:21 +0900

Dear Stephen,

> I am thinking hard about this! Have you read the latest books by
> Schommers?

No. What books?

> Stephen
>
> Hitoshi Kitada wrote:
> >
> > Dear Stephen,
> >
> > > Hi Hitoshi,
> > >
> > > It would be canonically conjugate to the LS's Hamiltonian... It's
> > > energy?
> >
> > Let H be the Hamiltonian of the LS: L, consisting of N particles 1,2, ...
,N.
> > H acts on the state vector (function) Psi(t) of the system, where t is the
> > local time of L. In this case what do you mean by canonical conjugate to
H? If
> > such a conjugate exists, on what space is it defined (or on which things
does
> > the canonical conjugate, say T, act), and how does T act on such things? H
in
> > itself means the energy in QM.

The local time t of L can be thought as an operator that acts on everything,
as it is a numerical multiplication operator. If this t can be canonically
conjugate in some sense to H, your expectation would be correct.

Best wishes,
Hitoshi