[time 695] Re: [time 691] ... Re: [time 686] Time operator?

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Mon, 06 Sep 1999 08:55:32 -0400

Hitoshi Kitada wrote:

> Dear Stephen,
>
> > I am thinking hard about this! Have you read the latest books by
> > Schommers?
>
> No. What books?

The Visible and the Invisible : Matter and Mind in Physics (Series on
the Foundations of Natural Science and Technology, Vol 3) by Wolfram
Schommers (June 1997) World Scientific Pub Co; ISBN: 9810231008

"Reviews by Booknews, Inc.

       A theoretical physicist reasons that if there is no counterpart
in the physical world for each element of a theory about it, then there
are metaphysical elements to the theory. He argues that there are
obviously no theoretical conceptions of the world without metaphysical
elements, and includes theories about space and time as well as about
matter. He outlines the consequences in connection with modern
conceptions of the world. Translated from published by Die Braue Edition
in 1995.

       In this book it is argued that there are obviously no theoretical
conceptions of the world which are free of metaphysical elements. This
is not only valid in connection with matter but also for the conceptions
of space and time. The consequences in connection with modern
conceptions of the world are outlined."
***

Space and Time, Matter and Mind : The Relationship Between Reality and
Space-Time by W. Schommers, (October 1994) World Scientific Pub Co;
ISBN: 9810218516

        I will write up a relevant quote as soon as possible...

> > Stephen
> >
> > Hitoshi Kitada wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear Stephen,

> > > Let H be the Hamiltonian of the LS: L, consisting of N particles 1,2, ... ,N.
> > > H acts on the state vector (function) Psi(t) of the system, where t is the
> > > local time of L. In this case what do you mean by canonical conjugate to H? If
> > > such a conjugate exists, on what space is it defined (or on which things does
> > > the canonical conjugate, say T, act), and how does T act on such things? H in
> > > itself means the energy in QM.
>
> The local time t of L can be thought as an operator that acts on everything,
> as it is a numerical multiplication operator. If this t can be canonically
> conjugate in some sense to H, your expectation would be correct.

        Yes, but this implies that the energy of the LS has some strange
behavior!

Stephen