[time 792] Re: [time 789] Event-Horizons & Mind-Body

WDEshleman@aol.com
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:15:39 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/99 12:48:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stephenk1@home.com writes:

> Dear Bill et al,
>
> WDEshleman@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Group,
> >
> > Recently I have expounded my opinion that in addition
> > to the event-horizon that the mainstream believes to be
> > around a black-hole; I suggest that atoms, molecules,
> > and a universe have their own event-horizons. Even
> > photons in a beam of light can be thought of as being
> > behind an event-horizon, when viewed from the side.
>
> Umm, this is interesting! ;-) How would we consider the distance
> between the event horizon and the singularity that is an electron? Would
> the event-horizon emit Hawking radiation?

Perhaps, the electron is not a black-hole, but like a white-dwarf cannot
achieve the mass and gravitational densities necessary to become a
black-hole; protons and neutrons can achieve this critical M/R, though.
Perhaps, electrons are the only subatomic particles not behind
some sort of event-horizon, and are therefore the ONLY particles that
are actually in our local system, the universe. My view is that the
singularity cannot actually exist; what exists in a classical sense
is sphere of radius GM/c^2, internally obeying QM rules and externally
appearing as a singularity. Nature probes the black-hole with radiation
generated by the orbit of matter above the event-horizon; the Hawking
radiation (tunneling), is a result of quantum mechanical collisions
inside the black-hole, probably due to the probing radiation. Take the
probing radiation away, and the Hawking radiation becomes merely
the possibility of outcomes for collisions that do not happen, zero,
giving the black-hole a much longer evaporation period.

> (http://www.alcyone.com/max/writing/essays/black-hole-evaporation.html)
> That would be the life-span of the black hole of an electron, given the
> evaporation? What/where would it evaporate to?
>
> > Event-horizons render what is inside to be invisible from
> > outside. However, when the event-horizons of 2 or more
> > atoms (protons) interact (interfere), this invisible structure
> > can confine systems of electrons to various shapes. Our
> > bodies and brains are such confined systems of electrons
> > plus the invisible structure that manages to hold everything
> > together. Now, imagine the invisible structure separated
> > from the total (brain/body) structure...What have you got left?
> > A cloud of electrons, of huge charge and magnetizm...MIND.
> > And what we took out is almost all of the mass...BODY.
>
> Why is it necessary to assume that MIND is material? Could it be
> defined in terms of the information that is encodable on the event
> horizon? What happens to the information as the black hole evaporates?

50 grams of electrons isn't very material. Of course, if we assume electrons
to also be behind event-horizons of their own, we are left with an mc^2
energy field of charge and magnetism, as materialless as can be expected
for MIND.