[time 805] Re: [time 804] Re: [time 803] Re: [time 801] Re: [time 799] Still about construction of U

Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:39:54 +0300 (EET DST)

You might be right in that one can formally introduce
time from S-matrix. Indeed the replacement p_+--> id/dt in
mass squared operator p_kp^k= 2p_+p_--p_T^2
seems to lead to Schrodinger equation if my earlier arguments
are correct.

This replacement is however not needed and is completely ad hoc since
the action of p_+ is in any case well defined. Unless one interprets
the time coordinate conjugate to p_+ as one configuration space
coordinate associated with space of 3-surfaces at light cone boundary
delta M^4_+xCP_2.

Below are still some comments.

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Hitoshi Kitada wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Yes with H replaced with free Hamiltonian: I am sorry for my typo.
> > I hope that it does not affect you conclusions.
>
> No, it does not affect my conclusion at all.
>

> > > or
> > >
> > > \Psi = \Psi_0 - ((E+i \epsilon)-H)^{-1} V \Psi. (2)
> > >
> > > The reason we consider two equations is that the fractional expression in
> > > your note has two interpretations, since the relevant factors are
> operators,
> > > hence they are noncommutative in general.
> >
> > Yes. In my equation 1/(E-H_0 +iepsilon)*V is meant to be the
> > correct ordering. This is easy to see: by operating with E-H_0 to both
> > sides of the equation one obtains (E-H_0) Psi= (E-H_0)Psi+ VPsi =VPsi
> > which is just Schrodinger equation. Provided that order is
> > correct.
> >

> > > Also the sign on the RHS (right
> > > hand side) should be minus if the definition of H is H = H_0 + V.
> > >

> > > We write z = E+i\ep, where \ep = \epsilon > 0 and E is any real number.
> > >
> > > In case (1), the equation is equivalent to
> > >
> > > (I - V (H-z)^{-1} ) \Psi = \Psi_0.
> > >
> > > This is rewritten as
> > >
> > > (H - z - V) (H - z)^{-1} \Psi = \Psi_0,
> > >
> > > which is equivalent to
> > >
> > > (H_0-z) (H-z)^{-1}\Psi = \Psi_0 (1)'
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > (H-z)^{-1}\Psi = (H_0-z)^{-1}\Psi_0 (1)"
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > \Psi = (H-z)(H_0-z)^{-1}\Psi_0
> > >
> > > = \Psi_0 + V(H_0-z)^{-1}\Psi_0 (1)'''
> > >
> > > by H = H_0 + V.
> > >
> > > Thus if \Psi_0 is a given fixed state function, \Psi depends on z =
> E+i\ep,
> > > and it should be written as a function of z:
> > >
> > > \Psi = \Psi(z).
> > >
> > > Note that these hold only when \ep > 0, NOT for an infinitesimal number
> \ep
> > > because the inverse (H-(E+i\ep))^{-1} does not exist for \ep = 0 in
> general.
> > >
> > > In case (2), the equation is equivalent to
> > >
> > > \Psi_0
> > >
> > > = (I - (H-z)^{-1} V)\Psi (2)'
> > >
> > > = (H-z)^{-1} (H-z-V)\Psi
> > >
> > > = (H-z)^{-1} (H_0 - z)\Psi.
> > >
> > > This is rewritten:
> > >
> > > \Psi(z) = (H_0-z)^{-1} (H-z) \Psi_0. (2)"
> > >
> > > If we transform \Psi_0 and \Psi to
> > >
> > > \Phi_0 = (H-z) \Psi_0,
> > >
> > > \Phi = (H-z) \Psi,
> > >
> > > the equation (2)" becomes
> > >
> > > \Phi(z) = (H-z) (H_0-z)^{-1} \Phi_0. (2)'''
> > >

> > Certainly one cannot get rid of time in ordinary wave mechanics.
>
> As I stated, it is possible to have time locally without the total time.
>
> > If you have energy, you have also time!
>
> Even when an energy is not zero, if that energy is eigenenergy, then there is
> no time.
>

> > In TGD approach one has
> >
> > L_0(tot) Psi=0 rather than HPsi = EPsi! No energy, no time!!
> >
> > By the way, this condition is analogous to your condition
> > that entire universe has vanishing energy
> >
> > HPsi=0
> >
> > Thus there is something common between our approaches!
>
> Then you agree with that there is no time for the total universe?

I agree in the sense that there is no need to assign time to U: just
S-matrix describes quantum evolution associated with each quantum jump.
This might be even impossible.

But there is geometric time associated with imbedding
space and spacetime surfaces: in this respect TGD differs from
GRT where also TGD formalism would lead to a loss of geometric time.

And there is the subjective time associated with
quantum jump sequence (nothing geometrical) and psychological time is kind
of hybrid of subjective and geometric time.

> > Also in general Relativity Hamiltonian vanishes as a constraint.
> > In TGD However General Coordinate invariant
> > as gauge invariance is replaced by Super Virasoro invariance
> > which operates at lightcone boundary and H is replaced with L_0.
> >

> > Best,
> >
> > MP

Thank you for your note.

With Best,