[time 838] Re: [Time 837]

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:36:21 -0400

Dear Friends,

        Here is am example of that I was talking about in my last post!
http://x23.deja.com/[st_cam=deflt.cobrd.best]/getdoc.xp?AN=528709925&CONTEXT=938692987.902103121&hitnum=1

                 Subject:Re: Does a fundamental time exist in GR and QM?
                 Date: 1999/09/23
                 Author: Toby Bartels <toby@ugcs.caltech.edu>

                 Vesselin G Gueorguiev <vesselin@baton.phys.lsu.edu>
wrote:

>I could be wrong, but I tend to think of any chart as
a physical observer
>who is siting at the origin and does measurements.

        A physical observer provides only an *infinitesimal* chart.
 As an observer, I define x,y,z,t axes going out from me (the origin),
but I can't describe how the axes will curve as they
leave me.
        So, I can't define a chart large enough to contain two distinct points
and any geodesic linking them -- which is what you wanted here.

                  -- Toby
                    toby@ugcs.caltech.edu

Later,

Stephen