[time 1048] Re: [time 1045] Re: [time 1044] The Un-logic

Matti Pitkänen (matpitka@pcu.helsinki.fi)
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 14:23:19 +0200

Dear All,

I have explained this several times but decided to bore you once more since
understanding of time is after all THE problem.

The paradoxes created by spacetimes containing causal loops show
that our view about relationship between geometric time and subjective
time must be somehow wrong.

Identification of physical state of world as time=constant
of single spacetime geometry is the source of troubles. The
identificication of snapshot is highly subjective: there is infinite number
of possible choices for time coordinate. Even in special relativity the
snapshots associated with observers moving with different velocitities
have only one point in common.

One must simply give up the idea about physics
as evolution for geometry of single time=constant snapshot.
 In quantum jump between quantum histories picture (effectively
quantum jumps between superpositions of macroscopically equivalent
spacetimes) grandfather paradox disappears.

The problem is to understand the localization of the contents of
conscious
experience in a finite region of quantum average space*time*. In TGD
framework this localization can be understood. But I will save you from that
stuff. Just the keyworkds: classical nondeterminism
of Kaehler action; cognitive and material spacetime sheets,
localization in zero modes; psychological time as center of mass
time coordinate for cognitive spacetime sheet and as zero mode:
average increase of psychological time by 10^4 Planck times per
quantum jump.

-MP