[time 127] Re: [time 121] RE: [time 115] On Pratt's Duality

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Sat, 03 Apr 1999 21:19:12 -0500

Dear Hitoshi,

        I apologize for the length of this... :) BTW, I think that Prugovecki's
formalism already has Chu_2 spaces built in, he just does not understand
the implications! More on this later... ;)

Hitoshi Kitada wrote:

> Dear Stephen,

        You raise the essential question! :) "who" can be either the object as
an observer *xor* the environment as an observer, hence the duality. The
division of the universe into perceived and perceiver, object and
subject, is not assumed to "exist" a priori, such a construct is
non-informative, zero Shannon entropy. It is constructed. When we ask
such a question we fix a frame of reference, we are also fixing a scale
and an ordering and orientation with which to "frame" an observation.
There is no Absolute "Who" asking questions. We all are and we all are
the Universe, kind of like government: "for the people, by the people".
This is one point that Wheeler got right! :) When we think of time's
flow, we are seeing a drama unfolding, written one moment prior and
checked for logical consistency by the dual of time, logic. Here are
quotes from Vaughan Pratt adressing this: