[time 211] How to define length using LSs

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 21:10:34 -0400

Dear Hitoshi,

        I am jumping the gun in our discussion of Weyl's idea. :) By fibering a
Riemannian manifold with no a priori connection with quantum mechanical
systems having a Euclidian geometry do we assume:

1) that there is a Euclidian metric over each LS?

2) that each LS's clock can be used to define both a temporal and
spatial co-ordinate (mesh) system for each?

3) that the propagation of photons with in a given LS's mesh system
follows a Minkowskian light cone structure, if we consider only
massless particles?

4) would massive particles follow such a Minkowskian structure if
gravity is very weak?

Later,

Stephen