[time 784] Re: [time 781] RE: [time 779] Re: [time 778] Re: Noumenon and Phenomenon => Mind-Body problem.

Hitoshi Kitada (hitoshi@kitada.com)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 00:01:42 +0900

Dear Lance and Stephen,

The word "falsifiable" is a difficult one for me. I tried to find it in my
on-line English-Japanese dictionary, but there is no such word. Instead I
found the word "falsify" that means: "A falsifies B" is "A proves that B is
wrong." From this I imagine "falsifiable" means: "A theory T is falsifiable"
is "There is a possibility that someone is able to prove that the theory T is
wrong." Is this interpretation correct? Or are there any other and/or deeper
meanings in the word "falsifiable."

Also I am not sure what is thought as falsifiable in this correspondences
between you. I.e., I am not sure what is the issue of this arguments. For me,
the objects that each of you address the word "falsifiable" look different
between you. Could you explain in the easier and/or more understandable
words?

Best wishes,
Hitoshi