[time 977] Re: Physics and prime numbers (!)

Matti Pitkänen (matpitka@pcu.helsinki.fi)
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 09:01:21 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Matti Pitkänen <matpitka@rock.helsinki.fi>
To: <stephenk1@home.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 1999 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: Physics and prime numbers (!)

Still a comment about primes. I realized that there is indeed rather precise
duality
between Berry's supersymmetric theory and arithmetic quantum field theory if
the hypothesis about rationality of p^(iy) holds true.

a) Basic requirement is that the diagonal time development operator U(t) is
complex rational
valued for the allowed durations of time evolution. This implies that time
development
operator makes sense also as p-adic number for p mod 4=3.

b) In Berry's theory allowed durations of time evolution are log(n), n
integer and energys
are given by E=y, 1/2+iy zero of Riemann zeta.

c) In arithemetic QFT allowed durations of time evolution are y, and
energies are log(n).

It would seems that these theories are duals of each other.

b) y corresponds