[time 1071] Re: [time 1065] Present tense and other concepts

Koichiro Matsuno (kmatsuno@vos.nagaokaut.ac.jp)
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 10:47:27 +0900

Stephen: Thanks. I did something wrong again. Forgive me. The lower half of
the body has just disappeared. The whole body is attached below. May it
survive as a healthy one, this time! Koichiro.

Folks,

  On Tuesday, November 30, 1999 2:27 AM, Matti Pitkanen
<matpitka@pcu.helsinki.fi> wrote:

>The definitions of density matrix and associated entanglement entropy are
>actually not at all trivial since quantum states are quantum histories . .

>The details of subsystem concept are still not completely
>understood. So these concepts are "timelessness" in TGD framework.

>If the dynamics determining spacetime surfaces as absolute minima
>of Kaehler action were strictly causal, one could by general
> coordinate invariance define density matrix using the
>restrictions of configuration space spinor field . . .

   Dilation (e.g., association of quantum histories with quantum states) and
reduction (e.g., back to 3(4)-d space) are operations or processes. The
problem set to myself is what could be the reference against which these are
said to be operations or processes. I am not familiar with empirical or
causal implications of the Kaehler action.

>Could you explain what the concepts
>'present perfect tense' and and 'present progressive' mean.
>I hated grammatics in school time(;-) and
>I am not at all sure whether I understand them correctly!

   My reference to what the present progressive and the present perfect look
like is from Aristotle.

   "For every movement is incomplete - making thin, learning, walking,
building, these are movements, and incomplete at that. For it is not true
that at the same time a thing is walking and has walked, or is building and
has built, or is coming to be and has come to be, or being moved and has
been moved, but what is being moved is different from what has been moved,
and what is moving from what has moved. But it is the same thing that at the
same time has seen and is seeing, is thinking and has thought. The latter
sort of process, then, I call actuality, and the former a movement."
(Metaphysics Book IX, Chap. 6, 1048b)

   Cheers,
   Koichiro