[time 118] Re: [time 108] Re: [time 81] Entropy, wholeness, dialogue, algebras

Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Sat, 03 Apr 1999 11:05:43 -0500

hi,

>Also we had very interesting and fruitful discussions with Tony
>Smith and I have studied Tony's homepage. One one results on my side was
>the realization that 8-dimensional
>imbedding space H of TGD allows octonionic structures as tangent space
>structure: one could say that H is locally a number field.

This is remarkable and interesting....

But, what role does the 8-dim imbedding space play in your theory?
(I do plan to study your theory closely, but have not found the time yet)

>Your idea is interesting also from my point of view. I am pondering
>analogous problem: spacetime sheets decomposes in QFT limit to regions
>with different p-adic primes: the physics in different regions are
>described by different p-adic number fields. How to relate these
>p-adic physics to each other?: this is the basic problem. I believe that
>this is possible.

If we could map the p-adic stuff onto the octonionic stuff in a clear way, this
would help my intuition and build a bridge between several theories.

ben