[time 447] Re: [time 446] Some New Mathematics

Stephen P. King (stephenk1@home.com)
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 11:24:22 -0400

Dear Bill,

        I have read over your interesting paper before and after thinking about
what I have read in Ben's papers on division algebras, I am wondering if
the two could be related? My own notion is that each observer (LS) has
its own space-time framing of events and thus would have its own set of
observable states which is finite. The interactions among them should be
definable in terms of their mutual entropy. The total number of states
and events is, of course, infinite, given the definition of the Universe
as the totality of existence.
        How your infinite products relate to Ben's division algebras is an open
question. I am just wondering. :-)
        I would like to understand how you would define a relationship between
"states" and "events" when the latter are the particular physical
observations and the former seem to be defined in terms of information
content. I have been trying to advance Vaughan Pratt's notions that
demonstrate a Stone-Birkhoff duality relation between the two.

Kindest regards,

Stephen