[time 1099] Re: [time 1094] Re: Proteins as unconscious computers

Wed, 8 Dec 1999 08:02:58 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Lawrence B. Crowell wrote:

> At 18:27 12/07/1999 EST, WDEshleman@aol.com wrote:
> >Matti,
> >What are your conclusions concerning the telomeres (sp)?
> >Bill
> >

> Telomeres are long terminal repeats that are used as primers by polymerase
> in the replication of DNA. An Okasaki DNA fragments bind to them to
> initiate DNA replication and this primer end is not replicated. Once an
> organism uses up it telomeres possible cell division in the somatic cell
> line is ended. This is a planned or programmed cell death system that
> leads to the death of an organism. Remember, from the point of view of
> evolution we are just vessels that carry DNA from one generation off on to
> the next.

Fascinating mechanism, which sounds cruel as life!
Taking seriously the idea of manysheeted DNA and
the idea that DNA codes for topological field quanta
associated with ELF (extremely low frequency, EEG, etc..) em
field, one could wonder whether this sand glass only takes
care that the organism makes in planned manner
a transition to a phase in which
it becomes complicated topological field quantum configuration
(flux tubes, massless extremals) representing particular
em subself of em Mother Gaia! Our life would
be only one phase of growth process.

Note that ordinary classical field concept would
not allow the invididuality to be conserved. Topological
field quantization allows it.

MP